Creating a rich statistical application can become very handy and useful once you integrate Java with R.
Integration needs following to be installed already:
- JDK 1.5 or above ( I tried with 1.6 )
- R – can be downloaded from CRAN
- R_HOME environment variable is set.
Here is how you can integrate and configure your java to work with R:
- From R install the rJava package ( can be easily be done with install command in R ). The latest rJava contains JRI implicit so no need to download it manually.
- Go to the download directory of R and you can see the rJava directory, and inside that there will be JRI directory include that in your java.library.path
And you are done 🙂